It’s been a hot sec since I’ve done a #FastFood with BBN, so thought I’d share with you one of my favorite on the go breakfasts- Egg Muffins! I know school has been under way for a month or so now, and many of you are hustling between work, kids’ schools, the gym, after-school soccer practices, ballet, etc. It can be easy to forget to eat during the rush, or even worse- you’re starving and don’t have time to stop. I’m a firm believer that most people’s bodies operate optimally by including a protein centric breakfast in their daily routine. It gives your system something to metabolize, and the protein provides sustainable energy to keep your bustling self alert through that snoozer of a morning meeting.
These egg muffins are not only easy peasy to make, they are perfect for keeping in your fridge for a couple days. A few seconds in the microwave or minutes in the oven, and they are like brand new. There’s a crazy amount of variations you can take on these babies, but based on the typical items stocked in my house, my favs consist of:
- Sliced green peppers
- Feta Cheese
- a dash of pepper
- Organic Cage Free Eggs (please, please don’t substitute these for conventional eggs!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Using extra virgin olive oil, “grease” a cupcake baking tin.
3. Scramble/mix a dozen eggs in a bowl
4. In your cupcake molds, put your veggies and cheese
5. Pour the eggs into each mold, almost to the top. A dozen eggs should fill a cupcake mold of 12.
6. Add a pinch of pepper to each.
7. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until you can cleanly stick a knife through the center.
Allow to cool, and then enjoy! Because I’m from Maryland… you got it. I’ll probably add a little Old Bay to mine as well ; )
p.s. a little shameless promo- there will be oodles of these simple, healthy recipes in the Bonus Module of my Signature Program…which is now open for enrollment! Don’t miss out, friendos.